> Mrs. O'Neill's Blog

Wednesday, November 08, 2006


Friday, October 20, 2006

We've returned to Drummore after a visit to the Big Smoke (aka -our son Sid, who lives in Glasgow).I'm glad to be back, even although the house looks like there's been some sort of 'dirty bomb' exploded in it.Starting to think about how exactly I can use blogging in my classrooms. How will pupils respond? In order to test this out I have invited SD to join my blog, whatever that means.Now I shall post something with a vague reference to English teaching and see if he comments on it.How about this: Is it time to bring back the interrobang!? That's a cool new punctuation symbol invented a few decades ago, and sadly not able to sustain its initial popularity. It looks like a cross between the question mark and the exclamation mark. Unfortunately my keyboard doesn't support its existence.It's intended to be used when both an exclamation mark and a question mark might be used.For example: How strange was that (interrobang)Is it time for a revival. Comments please subscriber(s).

No comments: